Hearing Aid Style Specific Information and Tips
Basic care tips for all styles of aids:
Leave the sticker off the battery for 3-5 minutes before use.
Hearing aid may or may not squeal when inserting or removing from ear - both are normal.
Ask your provider about button function.
Take Hearing Aids out when sleeping!
Leave battery doors open when not in use
Hearing aids should not get wet or be stored in a bathroom!
Whistling/noise should not occur if hearing aids or earmolds are inserted properly.
It is normal for ears to be itchy at times.
ITC - In the Canal
*If soreness occurs, please contact us right away
* Wax Filters should be changed every 2 weeks or as needed, plugged filters can lead to a weakened or diminished sound.
RIC - Receiver in the Canal
* Wax filters should be changed every 2 weeks or as needed. Plugged filters can lead to a weakened or diminished sound.
BTE - Behind the Ear
* Earmold tubes must be changed every 3-4 months
* Not changing tubes can affect volume and clarity
* If soreness occurs, please contact us right away.
BAHA - Bone-Anchored Hearing Aid
Our plan of care includes:
A Demonstration Appointment, discussion of expectations and a fitting appointment. Please call our office for specifics.